Completing.The.Circle

When .NET 3.0 came, I really didn't have the time to look at it. So, I told myself to just focus on Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) first. Months later, I managed to apply what I learnt on my MOSS projects. Then, on a holiday, I started looking at Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). Although I didn't have the chance to apply it at work, I have managed to implement it in one of my teaching tool.

I thought that was the end of .NET 3.0 for me but a few months ago, I was suddenly asked to conduct a workshop for building applications on Windows Vista. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) was among the topics included. Quickly, I picked it up using Expression Blend and it was a good experience for me. The workshop was called off at the last moment as though everything was setup to give me the opportunity to learn WPF.

Today, I completed the circle by learning the last pillar in the .NET 3.0 framework - Windows Cardspace. Last week, I was assigned to a project that uses it. Somehow, I'm glad that events are putting me in the path of learning .NET 3.0. I'm very grateful for the opportunities.

I hope the path will continue on to .NET 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post