XBOX.360.3ROD

My 360 finally died with what they called the "3ROD" today. What's 3ROD? 3 Red-lights Of Death. Yup! 3 *blinkie* red lights. The sign of fear for all 360 owners (shadow of demon appearing...) Well, I was kinda expecting it as some of my friends already told me that the screen freezin thing was the first sign.

Anyway, I have to send the baby back to Singapore for a swap. Hope I can get a healthier one back soon. *Crossing my fingers*

[Updates]

By right, if we buy a 360 from Singapore and then bring it home to Malaysia, the warranty will not cover us because it is out of the launch market. We will either have to drive down to Funan Digital Lifestyle Mall in Singapore to make the swap, or get a friend down south to do the swap for us (which is what I'm doing).

From what I was told, the swap process will only take 10 minutes (not considering queue time). You will however, need to file a report with the customer service to get a Service Ticket, prior to walking in.

Also take note that the replacement unit will not be a new one. It will be a refurbished unit which I was told would have gone through the same quality process as a new one.

In my opinion, if you experienced a 3ROD and it is out of the warranty period, and you just can't let go of the 360, get a 360 ELITE instead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post