My 1st Netvertible

Two weeks ago I bought a new toy, the ASUS Eee PC T101MT Netvertible. Was initially considering an iPad but found out that this baby can do more for almost half the price. I also considered the Lenovo S10-3T but it didn't impress me that much.

This is my first PC purchase in almost 6 years after my Compaq Presario X1000. Have been using my company's Lenovo T61p until I started to doll-up recently (due to some progress on weigh-loss). Since I am wearing high-heels nowadays, I find the T61p a lil too heavy for me.

I wanted something light when I visit a customer or return to my office for simple administrative tasks. Have been thinking of getting a netbook but was constantly discouraged by my friends (because they know I am a codemonkey and I need a high-end machine to do my work). Therefore, I actually have very low expectations before I picked up the unit.

The T101MT is not yet available in Malaysia. Thanks to a friend who just won't give up in helping me get it from Singapore despite it was out-of-stock. He finally managed to get someone to get it from the airport. Since it was from the airport, there were no upgrades or freebies :( but no biggie.

Eee PC T101MT unboxed (Powerpuff plush not included)

I got the basic version that came with 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD and Windows 7 Home Edition. The Home Edition was really a joke since it has a multi-touch screen. But nevertheless, the first impression I got was pleasant. The build looks solid and the finishings were great.


For the rest of the days, I was basically de-crap-ifying it since there were lots of software that came with it that slowed down the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post