Week In Review

In a flash, I have completed 1 week in my new workplace. The experience has been great so far. My new colleagues were friendly, have good team spirit and frequently crack hilarious jokes/conversations which makes the working environment very fun to work in. It also feels good to have a designated desk - a cubicle I can call my own and get back the habit of stashing stuffs under the table *HeHe*

It really feels like home with everything familiar to me and everyone speaking my lingo. There are so many areas that I felt I could contribute ranging from the application life-cycle management processes, project management, the architecture of the company applications, some basic level of infrastructure and lots more. Everyone appears to be receptive to ideas, comments and suggestions which is excellent.

My first initiative is to have a full-scale Team Foundation Server deployment. Initial migration of the previous TFS databases has been successful and now I am looking forward to the new week to do more testing before moving the developers onto the platform.

I managed to gain exposure to other 'areas of reality' within the week and I am happy that now I can be involved in a more realistic software development environment. On the way, I also helped out with some minor trouble-shooting for my colleagues and I am glad my solutions were useful to them.

Overall, I think it is a good start to a new beginning. The only thing I need to get adjusted back into is the strict working hours from 9-to-6 and braving the traffic congestions every morning and evening. Just some re-alignment on the lifestyle and everything should work out fine.

I look forward to more adventures and career growth in this new company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post