"Why are you always taking exams?!" - That's a common question from people I know.
Yeah! If you notice it, I'm always taking exams. No - It wasn't a result from a traumatic childhood experience of being forced to go tuition, get good grades or being locked in a room to study. No - I wasn't a studious person with thick speckie when I was kid, infact, I was quite playful and usually do badly in my exams. Finally, No - I am not from another planet. *HeHe*
Exams do send shivers to me - once, I vomitted non-stop before sitting for my exams and nearly got admitted into the hospital. I normally get insomnia and gastric the day before I sit for any exams and would probably get a migraine the day after that due to lack of sleep. My parents would know that very well.
So, how come I am still taking exams despite all those side-effects? Afterall, I do have a choice to stay away from them. There are several reasons why I take exams. Firstly, I would like to conquer my fear (Yeah! Fear Factor) - the anxiety of taking exams. Nowadays, I suffer less from those side-effects I mentioned earlier but they are still not gone.
Secondly, exams keep me sharp and tested on the knowledge I possess. I have set myself a quota of three exams every year since 1999 and every year, I have been consistently achieving them - some years like this one, I exceed my quota. ;) If I don't go for certification exams, I will go for my degree exams. Anything as long as it helps me learn something new and get tested.
Exams also allow me to experience and accept my failures. Although I usually pass the exams I take but there are times when I fail miserably and initially, it was hard for me to accept those failures. But now, whenever I failed, I will analyze what went wrong, what were my weaknesses and try to do better the next time.
I don't really know when I will stop taking exams. Probably, as long as I find excitement in the things I do and there is knowledge for me to acquire, I guessed I will keep doing it if I'm still capable. So, the next time you discover that I'm taking an exam, just give me a pat on the back and wish me luck. ;)
*HuGs*
Home »Unlabelled » Why.Do.I.Take.Exams?
Popular Post
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
Y up! I'm going back to the gym again. Had an invitation from my colleague and I spontaneously agreed to sign-up. Guessed I have to get ...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
Finally received the photos from Mikey. I've included some good ones here for you to see: There you go. Lady MVPs side-by-side. GuRLPoW...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...
-
"W hy are you always taking exams?!" - That's a common question from people I know. Yeah! If you notice it, I'm always tak...
No comments:
Post a Comment