Really happy and enjoyed doing my presentation yesterday. It was fun! Well, I have to admit that the periodic throat-clearing and coughing was a nuisance, but I'm glad I was there. When the organizer told me, "You can start anytime.", I auto-magically went into presentation mode. My mind was only focused on doing my best to talk about workflows in SharePoint and nothing else.
I kinda panicked when I was being flashed the END card. It says in the "manual", that they were supposed to flash a 15 minutes, 10 minutes and 5 minutes card, before they do that. I got even more panicked when the presentation-control guys started playing with the lights. Anyway, I didn't want to hold up the next presenter's time and so, I made haste.
I was a little disappointed that the last part of the demo bombed - my workflow "Failed on Start" *HaHaHa*. Luckily, I prepared a backup that works! I'm also glad that I cut down on the slides and demos.
Was initially planning to do SendEmail actions in SharePoint Designer and use the Contact Selector in the InfoPath forms. I also had logging to history in my initial plan for the Visual Studio demos. All were *chopped chopped chopped* the day before. Luckily, I did that, otherwise, I would have overshot even more.
So happy to see Dr. Wong (our Principal Consultant) and my manager in the crowd. I thought my manager will go attend other tracks. He came afterall! At the end of the presentation, I was asked by one of my colleagues from another subsidiary as to whether I could provide the "VPC". "That ain't a VPC buddy" :p None of it was scripted as I built everything from scratch (and it's on a real partition!). *HeHeHe*
I got to experience the last few hours of TechEd after that and mingled with a few people from the community. I didn't managed to catch-up with the other speakers. :( I bought my colleague's first CD Single album. Whoa! Always knew he was a good singer but didn't expect that he would go for a recording. Good luck Vincent! ;)
Came home after a two hours traffic congestion and felt relieved (and poofed!). My voice deteriorated and I was coughing like mad the whole night. Got a bit chest pain when I woke up this morning :'(
Overall, it was a good experience. I think I wanna do it again next year. *HeHeHe*
Popular Post
-
Reva, the Indian electric car company best known for the G-Whiz in England, has signed a deal to bring their new product to Iceland with sal...
-
If you have been using Visual Studio 2013 for a while, you will notice that it behaves differently from previous versions of Visual Studio ...
-
Often, when we work with Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), we may encounter scenarios where our workflows may end up in an erroneous suspen...
-
Victor Uribe Portfolio 2011 Updated
-
"Having many red indians is better than one chief". That's the statement most C*O lived-by today in Malaysia. That's also...
-
When deploying applications to The Cloud (on Windows Azure), we have a choice in storing our data in Windows Azure Storage or SQL Azure. For...
-
This is the final part of the 7-series tutorial on Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 . In this walk-through, we will be looking a...
-
Most developers when developing Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services, will take security for granted and deploy their web service...
-
V8 / 3.499 cc / 205 PS / 209 lb/ft (285 Nm) @ 4.000 / 0 - 62 mph (100 km/h): 10,3 s / Vmax: 127 mph (205 km/h) (click images for a larger vi...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
No comments:
Post a Comment