Time: 6:50 a.m.
Temperature: 46 degrees
Meal: Biscuit and coffee
Goal: To read through chapters, highlighting clunky and passive language. Writing summary of each scene.
Person of the Day: A white woman in her late 70s climbs out of her silver 70s-era Datsun 240Z. She adjusts her black-framed glasses and tugs on a blue Rite-Aid smock over her striped sweater. Her back slopes up - she has a hump. It's almost seven in the morning, and she's toddling across the parking lot to Rite Aid. At 70-something. Working at this age? What's her story? Why does my heart ache for her?
I jammed through 30 pages, but my mind started futzing around on me. I stopped, and scribbled my shopping list for Christmas dinner. Refreshed again, I returned to my WIP and 20 more pages. That's what I do - when energy starts to lag, I back away from it, and turn my attention elsewhere like shopping lists, To Do lists, or e-mail. Not as a procrastination method, but more like a mini-getaway. You (or your work) won't suffer this way.
What do you do to refresh?
Home » How I Write » Today's Writing in My Car
Popular Post
-
I'm a sexy mix between the The Multi-tasker and the All-the-Timer/Compulsive/Voracious/Anything Goes Reader. What are you? What Kind ...
-
Sort of Breadvan-ish lines on the new Ferrari FF. A very nice looking touring car for sure.
-
Flower Art Car For Sale Flower Art Car For Sale Waterfall Close Up Flower Art Car For Sale Waterfall Close Up - via Wow, this Flower Art Ca...
-
V12 / 4.996 cc / 280 PS / 339 lb/ft (460 Nm) @ 4.000 (click images for a larger view)
-
So, I stumbled upon StumbleUpon. I know, tardy to the party. And I stumbled upon this incredible piece about what love is. The Definition of...
-
We were both delighted and a little bit miffed to see this sight on Aberdeen's Holburn Street. We'll deal with the downside first. T...
-
Panoramic Picture of the underside of a Cadillac?? via I never thought that a panoramic picture of the underside of a Cadillac would be so a...
-
Neverwas Haul at Burning Man Its the week before Maker Faire and I want to dedicate this week to all the cool art vehicles that will be att...
-
V8 / 4.490 cc / 238 PS / 280 ft/lb (379 Nm) @ 4.000 / Vmax: 124 mph (200 km/h) (click images for a larger view)
-
Looks like GM's imminent bankruptcy will result in the US government holding a 70% stake. NY Times
No comments:
Post a Comment