One of my favorite book is Erasure by Percival Everett. In it, a struggling, black literary writer (is there any other kind?) is so frustrated with the publishing climate that he writes a parody of a 'ghetto' novel written as a joke. My Pafology by Stagger R. Leigh (get it?) becomes a bestseller. Very smart. Very cutting. Very funny.
Anyhoo...
I read the other day that they've gone and turned the book into a movie. Angela Bassett will make her directorial debut. The title's been changed to United States. Let's hope that's the only major change.
Read it beforehand - just in case.
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
No comments:
Post a Comment