Hell with Dell Latitude E6410

For the past day, I have been trying to get Windows Server 2008 R2 to work properly on my new Dell Latitude E6410. The experience has been hell so far. To cut the story short, the Intel GMA HD graphics card driver will cause the system to Blue Screen when Hyper-V is enabled. This sux because I had put high hopes on this notebook to let me do my work.

Applying this hotfix doesn't solve the issue either. Looking into this connect bug, looks like I am not the only one experiencing the issue. Looks like my only hope right now is to download SP1 Beta.

Update: It looks like Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta 1 did manage to solve the problem. I'm glad that it is all over and I am now able to put this machine to good use. Just need to remember to rebuild my machine before the SP1 beta expires :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post