It is not frequent that I host my WCF services on Windows Activation Service (WAS) - reasons being not many organizations that I work with run Windows Server 2008. Now that I see a Windows Server 2008, I would like to use WAS instead of IIS and configure some of the internal services to use netTcpBinding instead to improve performance.
If you run through the steps here (and probably some tutorials), you will realized that we will need to execute a command similar to this:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set site "Default Web Site" -+bindings.[protocol='net.tcp',bindingInformation='808:*']
or this if we are running in a virtual application
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set app "Default Web Site/MyService" /enabledProtocols:http,net.tcp
But I am a lazy person, I like to use the UI. So you can achieve the same results from IIS by defining your bindings. Right-click on the site and select Edit Bindings... then Add a new binding for net.tcp.
Then right-click on the site again and goto Manage Web Site -> Advanced Settings... and add net.tcp to the Enabled Protocols property.
There you have it! WCF on WAS!
Home » Windows » Hosting WCF on WAS
Popular Post
-
"Having many red indians is better than one chief". That's the statement most C*O lived-by today in Malaysia. That's also...
-
Victor Uribe Portfolio 2011 Updated
-
If you have been using Visual Studio 2013 for a while, you will notice that it behaves differently from previous versions of Visual Studio ...
-
When deploying applications to The Cloud (on Windows Azure), we have a choice in storing our data in Windows Azure Storage or SQL Azure. For...
-
After a week long of 'vacation', I guessed it is time to get back to life. Just received a notice from my academy. I have been accep...
-
Resident.Evil:Apocalypse RE2 was a little disappointment. I feel that Part I is much better but that's probably I didn't play part...
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
This is the final part of the 7-series tutorial on Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 . In this walk-through, we will be looking a...
-
T he READY Worldwide Launch at KLCC Convention Centre on Tuesday was quite an exciting event for me. Although it was pretty tiring, I'...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...


No comments:
Post a Comment