As everyone knows, most traffic regulations in Aberdeen are advisory only - allowing room for our motivated and enabled motorists to THINK FOR THEMSELVES.
One grey area is the so-called "zig-zags" we can see around those pesky tax-dodger crossings - the dreaded Pelican. But one thing's for sure, even if it is a bit naughty to park on the "zig-zags" (we don't know why it would be?), everyone knows that traffic regulations are not enforced on Sunday, so enabling the advanced Aberdeen driver to do as he pleases. And quite right too! We noticed a fabulous example of just such an empowered Aberdeen Driver yesterday, outside the Holburn Street Co-op.
The exemplary driver of Black BMW 320d SE reg. OW08 EYU displays many aspects of advanced motorism. Firstly - showing that he can THINK FOR HIMSELF - he parks on the so-called "zig-zags". (We don't even know what they're for? What else could their function possibly be?) Secondly, he PaveParks by putting both nearside wheels on the pavement just to show the tax-avoiding unimportant pedestrians that he can and thus establishing and consolidating the proper hierarchy of things. Thirdly, this advanced maneuver is being executed on a Sunday, so - even if there might be 'issues' with parking on the so-called "zig-zags" - nothing bad can happen to the motorist. Fourthly, the motorist demonstrates his advanced knowledge of all the above by flashing his hazard lights (or "exempt" lights, as we prefer to call them). The orange flashing lights draw our attention to his fantastic skill, knowledge and superiority.
And fifthly, the motorist is demonstrating his philanthropic, caring and compassionate side by actually screening the poor pedestrians from the oncoming traffic, thus sheltering them from the extreme danger usually associated with pedestrianism and as everyone can see actually making the crossing all the safer!
For all the above, this driver is is clearly our PaveParker of the week. And soooo much more!
Home » ZigZags » PaveParker of the Week! OW08 EYU
PaveParker of the Week! OW08 EYU
03:35
Unknown
Labels:
Holburn St,
PaveParking,
Pedestrian Crossing,
ZigZags
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...

No comments:
Post a Comment