Architecture.Workshop.2.0

I'm almost done with the slides for my Application and Services Architecture Workshop which I will be conducting two weeks later for a customer. I have revised most of the content and added new topics to address more areas of application architecture. There are now 7 modules to be completed in 4 days:

Module 1 - Introduction to Application and Services Design
Module 2 - Designing the Data Layer
Module 3 - Designing Business Entities
Module 4 - Designing the Business Layer
Module 5 - Designing the Presentation Layer
Module 6 - Security, Operational and Communication Policies
Module 7 - Physical Deployment and Operational Requirements

I adapted the structure from the Application Architecture for .NET: Designing Applications and Services patterns and practices guidance (which I absolutely treat it as my bible), but expanded the topics to include some updated technologies and practical development experience.

Unlike the previous workshop, there won't be any quiz at the end of each chapter. But knowing that application architecture is usually a dry subject, I'm thinking of cooking-up some group activities to make things more interesting. Will need more time to think about it.

Oh! Check-out the updated screenshot of the standard Application Architecture Diagram. It is less *bubbly* compared to the previous one that I developed. What do you think? Nice ah?



[Office 2007 just knocks me off my feet. I used PowerPoint 2007 to develop the slides and I'm really getting used to the new user interface.]

I would recommend this workshop to anyone who wishes to build up his/her architectural skills. The objective of this workshop is to enable Application Architects to make confident and conscious decisions about their application architecture. The best part of this workshop is that you can only get it from me *HeHeHe* So, don't miss it ya! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post