MPH.100.Hour.Sale

MPH is having their Centennial Celebration 100 Hour Sale and it is a great opportunity to go grab some good bargains. For me, I have these jewels in my shopping list:


Went to MPH Subang Parade last night to start my hunt but it turned out to be a disappointment. Their selections were not as rich as before and most of the computer books were badly arranged. The books I wanted were no where in sight. Infact, there weren't any Apress books around (except for one - I think). Not giving up, I went to the terminal to do some searches but the results returned nothing. Went home very disappointed.

This morning, I called up the Midvalley branch and I was told that they only have Foundations of OOP Using .NET 2.0 Patterns in stock. The other two were not listed in their titles. I'm quite surprised to hear that since those books were published more than 6 months ago and it usually takes them only 3 months to get the new titles. Not sure what happened to them this time.

Drove down to the mall and I'm glad to see that everything in MPH Midvalley is still in order - unlike the Subang Parade and Summit City branch. I did try to check-out some other titles but they weren't exactly what I needed. There was one book on GDI+ Programming in .NET 2.0, very tempting for my Stickies.NET development but I dropped the idea. There was also the thick Professional SQL Server 2005 which I held on for more than 30 minutes before putting it back on the shelve.

Anyway, I've got one of the jewels I wanted and that should keep me busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post