Was busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not a very web-savvy person and doing all that means is a struggle for me. Being a framework developer, I really have no "design-sense" for web pages and I certainly don't understand why rounded-corners are so important, not to mention how to make them. So that's one big problem for me.
I have also not been keeping myself updated with the latest web technologies *no time lah*. I actually planned to skipped ATLAS and dive straight in to Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) when it is ready (which will be soon). But then, when I discovered that I need to develop a rotating banner ad that automatically refreshes after a certain interval, I knew I had no choice liow.
The out-of-the-box AdRotator control that comes with ASP.NET doesn't auto-refreshes without posting-back the whole web page. Sigh! Armed with 2 days of ATLAS knowledge, I managed to hack-up a rotating banner ad on a plain web page but the implementation was nasty, I had a web service running behind. That's a bit overkill for a banner ad right?.
After seeking some wise-guidance from my colleague, Foo Shen, he provided me with a near end-to-end sample that uses plain AJAX concepts with no dependencies on any external libraries. I couldn't visualize how the client scripts work with the server methods *Where's ma delegate man?!* Everything is like wire-up here, wire-up there and I'm going *Tayar-Short-Wayar* already. The occasional manual output of HTML tags and Javascripts is also driving me nuts. *Where's ma classes? Where's ma Generics?!*
Aiyo... why must I be doing all these leh? I sure miss my component development and framework days. *Sobs*
Popular Post
-
Reva, the Indian electric car company best known for the G-Whiz in England, has signed a deal to bring their new product to Iceland with sal...
-
Often, when we work with Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), we may encounter scenarios where our workflows may end up in an erroneous suspen...
-
Victor Uribe Portfolio 2011 Updated
-
"Having many red indians is better than one chief". That's the statement most C*O lived-by today in Malaysia. That's also...
-
When deploying applications to The Cloud (on Windows Azure), we have a choice in storing our data in Windows Azure Storage or SQL Azure. For...
-
If you have been using Visual Studio 2013 for a while, you will notice that it behaves differently from previous versions of Visual Studio ...
-
This is the final part of the 7-series tutorial on Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 . In this walk-through, we will be looking a...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
Most developers when developing Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services, will take security for granted and deploy their web service...
-
Check out this cute parking simulator. Found it on a post in MIND . My best score was 78.31 in 5.76 seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment