Ok! It turns out that the project I was working on previously about the .NET assembly comparison; it wasn't a compare on one or two .exes or .dlls but to compare about 200 assemblies. *GiAiAiAH* Yeah! That means I gotta do this for approximately 200 times?! *That's Totally iNSaNe!*
But then, before you say, "What's the big deal? You can write a C# program wot?" I would like to assure you that I have thought about that as well, but then, I felt that writing a C# program just to do all that is too overkill. So, I have decided to use a much simpler and traditional approach instead - DOS!
Here's how I did it. To produce the MSIL, I ran the following once in each of the source and target folder:
for %i in (*.dll) do ildasm %i /out=c:\output\source\%i.il
I substituted c:\output\source with c:\output\target for the target assemblies. If your assemblies are executables, replace the *.dll with .exe.
To compare the files, I simply typed:
for %i in (*.il) do fc c:\output\source\%i c:\output\target\%i > c:\output\results\%i.txt
That's It! Cool huh?
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
No comments:
Post a Comment