Here's a great little note just forwarded to us from Ken Muir, Applied Materials to Paul Scott at PluginAmerica.org:
Hi Paul,
Rick Woodbury dropped by Applied Materials yesterday at the request of our manufacturing engineer, William Sallai.
Rick designed, engineered and builds the Tango. George Clooney purchased one a while back.
Bill and I both got to drive this little rocket for about 10 minutes each. I went zero to 90 in about 9 seconds! The looks I was getting from drivers around me were amazing - mostly slack jawed, wondering how in the world that little car was going that fast without making hardly any noise.
According to Rick the Tango produces 1000 ft lbs of torque at zero RPM and I believe him. When I stomped on the accelerator I was smacked to the seat like a bug on a windshield. After the first few seconds, it kicks into second gear and plasters you back into the seat, (where it seems to like to keep you) like the second stage of a rocket just went off. What a blast!
Rick's goal is to produce thousands of these super clean, super fast little cars to get the price down to where just about anyone can afford to own one.
Regards,
Ken Muir
Applied Materials
Quality Manager - Glass Coating Products
Energy & Environmental Solutions Group
Fairfield, Ca.
Home » pluginamerica » 0-90 in 9 Seconds!
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
No comments:
Post a Comment