My.Home.Is.Astro-less

Went to check-out my phone line today because a few days back, TM had sent someone to connect my line but somehow the wall socket in my house seems to be not functioning. I reported that to Adeline and she had sent her eletrician to check it out. Everything seems to be ok now.

While I was there, I discovered that the MATV socket was also installed but it was for Astro. I don't intend to subscribe to Astro but I did wanted the cables to be ready just incase I change my mind in future. But since I did not subscribe to it, I would have to use a normal MATV socket for now.

Then I discovered that the electrician was confused by an incident that happened in my condo. I was told that initially, there were central Astro for everyone but then it was defective or struck by lighting or something. The management just let it be but the owners assumed that there were no central Astro and they went on to install their own - making the condo look like some transmission tower for communication with extraterrestrial beings.

After a while we received letters from the management, asking whether we would like to re-enable the central but they would charge us a small fee every month. That infuriated almost 60% of the owners who have already installed the sat-dish. So, the final conclusion is no central Astro but somehow, the electrician assumed that there was.

So, there are no cables laid for Astro in my home. It is still ok for now, but installing it in future will most likely cause some hassle to my built-in TV console and also most likely visible cables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post