Went to check-out my phone line today because a few days back, TM had sent someone to connect my line but somehow the wall socket in my house seems to be not functioning. I reported that to Adeline and she had sent her eletrician to check it out. Everything seems to be ok now.
While I was there, I discovered that the MATV socket was also installed but it was for Astro. I don't intend to subscribe to Astro but I did wanted the cables to be ready just incase I change my mind in future. But since I did not subscribe to it, I would have to use a normal MATV socket for now.
Then I discovered that the electrician was confused by an incident that happened in my condo. I was told that initially, there were central Astro for everyone but then it was defective or struck by lighting or something. The management just let it be but the owners assumed that there were no central Astro and they went on to install their own - making the condo look like some transmission tower for communication with extraterrestrial beings.
After a while we received letters from the management, asking whether we would like to re-enable the central but they would charge us a small fee every month. That infuriated almost 60% of the owners who have already installed the sat-dish. So, the final conclusion is no central Astro but somehow, the electrician assumed that there was.
So, there are no cables laid for Astro in my home. It is still ok for now, but installing it in future will most likely cause some hassle to my built-in TV console and also most likely visible cables.
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
No comments:
Post a Comment