Sofa

When I first saw my living room, I thought of getting an L-shape sofa but there were many constraints that made me think it over and over again. I didn't want any physical or logical barriers in my house which means there should not be any furniture that divides the living and dining room.

This is to preserve the spacious feeling for my small house. If I follow this principle, then that would mean the L for my sofa would have to be on the right side near the sliding door. This will then be an obstruction if I want to open the sliding door to go to the balcony.

Still feeling strong for an L, I thought of maybe to get a 3-seater with a movable foot rest instead. With a foot rest, I could probably shift it depending on situations.

A visit to the furniture shop has made me realized that an L-shape sofa will most likely take up a lot of space. They also don't make miniature L-shape sofas nowadays. The gigantic ones cost a bomb. When I saw the price-tag I'm telling myself - "That's it girl, you better forget it!"

Putting two 2-seaters together will take up even more space. As I was thinking hard about it, the sales person in the furniture shop introduced me to an Incliner sofa.

At first look, it gave me the impression that it looks abit "business looking" and it is just a normal 3-seater. When I tried it out, it gave me the most comfortable feeling that most sofa didn't. I immediately fell in love with it but that's not all as the sales person put it. Being an incliner, it can 'transform' into a bed like the business class aircraft seat. That's totally awesome! Measuring just nice for my living room (or maybe smaller), having the perfect space saving, and costing not too much within my budget, it is a truly a good candidate for my living room.

Last nite, after consultation with my designer on the colour. I finally ordered it and I should be able to get it by next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post