Journeys Begin...

My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favourite bookstore) today to pickup a book on the subject. I found Oracle Database 10g - A Beginner's Guide. Cost me RM128 - very auspicious number *Hehe* especially when picking up a new technology. Not sure how many stars I will give it as I have not read it yet.
 
The courses on my company's eLearning portal are getting tougher. Managed to finish a few more lessons but I think my new book should accelerate my understanding. The eLearning courses are too pampering and the test questions are just too easy for my liking.
 
S.L.I.M - Seriously Look Into Myself 
 
While I was walking to the carpark after leaving MPH, I realised I didn't have coins for the parking machine and I had to re-route to the Information Counter. Just 3 steps away from the counter, I was approached by a pretty lady in a familiar uniform. A Slimming Sanctuary consultant! I was planning to call them sometime this month as I heard they were having some kind of promotion. Well, it saved me all the trouble since they are having a roadshow today.
 
This is my third time signing up on a slimming programme with them. Yup! You guessed it, all that sitting there, typing and clicking all day and night really gave me a lard belly. I asked them to do a Fat-test for me and it didn't surprise me that I'm still a little overweight (a few bars below the obese level) after I loss 9Kgs the first time. So, I guessed it is time I do something about myself instead of just sit there all day to solve other people's problem. Afterall, a girl needs to look pretty and feel pretty sometimes too ya know ;)
 
class Serena<WorkType> : ISlim<WorkType>
 
My VS2005 Beta CDs arrived today. Just in time for me to learn up more .NET 2.0. Read up more about Generics today. It is kinda cool when CLR Generics uses runtime expansion rather than compile-time expansion like the newly proposed Generics in Java. Read more about it here - More on Generics in the CLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post