All.About.Computers

Got a phone call from Dell Support this morning. Whoa! Their technicians are working on Labour Day. They wanted me to run some test to see if other things are broken. Everything appears to be ok so far, except for the kick @$$ graphics card.

Honestly, I think the Dimension 5150 is a value buy - Pentium D processor, 17" Flat Panel, 1 GB RAM and 80GB HDD (I chipped in a DVD writer as well *Muahaha*). Feels like sitting in front of a server - watching the two CPU charts go up and down in Task Manager. There is only one thing that I don't like which is the keyboard - it has very thin borders and it looks very weird. Maybe, I will give my Logitech wireless keyboard to my mom.


Anyway, while scouting Sunway Pyramid's new Digital Centre last week I found this handsome HP dv1000 series notebook. The display unit was a dv1300 series model that comes with 100GB HDD and 1GB RAM. It is an awesome looking notebook with 14" WXGA widescreen which makes it slightly smaller than my darling X1000 (now with nx7000 mobo). The weight is lighter too. Price is ranged from RM4,999 to RM5,899 depending on specifications.

Yesterday, I wanted to show it to my friend who is looking for notebooks and I was shocked to find that even the display unit was sold out. With such a sleek looking notebook, who could resist? I was told that, that they are shipping in the higher-end models, dv1600 series, this week and they come with Core Duo processors. *drooling*

I was also told that it comes with a remote control but sadly, it doesn't support Media Centre Edition, otherwise, it would be more awesome. The speakers located at the front are pretty stylo. The only complain I have is that the graphics card is an integrated card which I don't fancy. Hopefully, the future models will come with more kick @$$ graphics card.

Since I have postponed my next notebook refresh cycle to 2008 (and not to mention I'm damn broke now), all I can do now is just talk about it. If you are scouting for a notebook, do check this handsome out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post