Just got my Screamyx 4MB for my new house. I was initially told that my area can only support up to 1MB when I applied for the service. Nevertheless, the lady in TM said she will put in the 4MB package for me and they will test the speed during installation. I was quite worried that they will bill me the 4MB rate for a 1MB service.
The installation was delayed for almost 3 weeks and today, I finally got it activated. The line was initially capped at 2MB but the installer tested my line and said it could support it. He made a call and my connection speed got upgraded to 4MB.
Testing it out, I downloaded a 1.5GB iso file from MSDN in about an hour at an average of 435 KB/sec. Not a bad deal I guessed.
Too bad the upstream is still 512K which I think won't make any difference for my XBOX Live experience. The installer said 512K upstream is all our ADSL can support (in fact my readings only registered 508). Sigh! I wonder when our country can have faster and better internet connections.
Popular Post
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
No comments:
Post a Comment