Det Vackra Livet is the most recent band signed to Labrador and the duo consists of brothers Philip and Henrik Ekström of The Mary Onettes. So don’t be surprised if it sounds like something you’ve heard before, even if it is sung in Swedish. Positively meant btw., as the song has the typical pop charm of the brothers’ other band.
+ Viljan
Ritual, the sophomore White Lies album, has leaked and somehow a copy has landed on my computer. But before IFPI and other morons start accusing me being the sole reason for the deterioration of the music industry, I will (of course) buy a CD when it’s released on Monday (because my wife says so!). So please don’t point your guns at me! Regarding the album, I know I’ve voiced my first impressions once too often, but following four listens Ritual certainly does not have the instant catchiness of the debut, where every track (more or less) could have been picked as a single. Ritual however, I expect will be a real grower and if this is business as usual I'm probably going to rate it much higher than the debut in a few months’ time. The video below previews a few album tracks, though I suspect most people interested in the band have found a copy of the album by now?
Home » White Lies » From the pile...
Popular Post
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
aRGH H Hhhh! ! ! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why is it that it is so easy to put on weight but so difficult to put it off?!
-
Y up! I'm going back to the gym again. Had an invitation from my colleague and I spontaneously agreed to sign-up. Guessed I have to get ...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
No comments:
Post a Comment