Our undercover agent - Codename JannieJumbo - has been beavering away under deep cover, active within Aberdeen's so-called cycling activist 'community' documenting how our hard-earned road-taxes are being diverted, being spent on high-quality facilities for the tax-dodging cyclits and pestestrians.
In this video which he left for us to pick up in his dead-letterbox drop behind the verdigris smeared pipes in the third cubicle along of the derelict Union Terrace Gardens toilets, he shows that our petrol-tax money is being spent on a pleasant leafy cycletrack which runs past the headquarters of the Total Oil company in Altens.
The provocative irony that petrol-using motorists' tax contributions should be spent on cycling facilities which skirt the campus of one of the great petrol companies is not lost on us. That's probably why they've wisely invested so much on the security measures highlighted in the video - like hard-pressed drivers of Aberdeen Cars, the oilco's themselves feel embattled, put upon, besieged by cyclits and pestestrians.
Still, at least when Codename JannieJumbo arrives at Wellington Road to use the Toucan Crossing he is forced to wait while the significantly more important motor-vehicle users roar busily past on their way to create yet more vital economic growth for Aberdeen "City and Shire". Everyone knows that cyclits and pestestrians are far less important to the local economy than motorists. That's why it is gratifying to us that even their much-vaunted 'cycling and walking infrastructure' hammers home this fundamental point. These people simply do not count.
Home » Redmoss » Off-road Segregated Cycle Facilities
Off-road Segregated Cycle Facilities
23:20
Unknown
Labels:
Altens,
Core Paths,
Cove,
Cycle Lane,
Cycling,
Redmoss
Popular Post
-
Writing is hard. Writing for an agent is even harder. Writing for an editor considering your book but wanting a rewrite first is like climbi...
-
Golden Dream Rolls Royce with Hemmy - by Ivan Mitev Photography I stumbled upon this ostentatious golden beauty tonight and had to put it up...
-
My best mooncake award for this year goes to Baker's Cottage 's snow-skin yam mooncake! Absolutely yummy! But mom prefers her Cosway...
-
Complacency - a word usually used to describe folks who take it too easy at work and to some extent, not motivated to do better beyond '...
-
Photo: Diane Edwardson, November 1, 2011. Cat skull. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
-
Intro Ahh... My new blog spot. Loke Uei from Microsoft Malaysia has recommended me to blog here as he can't stop laughing at me for blo...
-
I t has been one month now since I've joined Microsoft and you must be wondering how am I doing? I'm doing great at the moment and ...
-
I'm a little demotivated lately with the type of work that I'm assigned to. I feel that my skills and talents are not fully utilized...
-
One of the proposals that Ferrari didn't liked... I have LOTS of them in fact.
-
Regular readers will remember that last month we reported with fury and disbelief the upswing in recorded users of pedal cycles in Aberdeen...
No comments:
Post a Comment