The girls back home have (admittedly a bit late) been hit by the Mamma Mia craze and are watching the movie over and over as well as constantly spinning Abba on the stereo. So yesterday when driving down to visit the mother of the commander-in-chief, we (as always) listened to Arrival in the car. And when we reach track 5 my thoughts (as always) begin to wander back to the days of vinyl, staying up late in the weekends listening to the radio, because that was the only way you’d ever hear of new and upcoming bands. One of the bands I recall being introduced to this way was Danny Wilson, which sadly decided to break up in 1991 after releasing one smash hit single (that of course being Mary’s Prayer) and two fairly successful albums. Following the split the band released a double CD compilation called Sweet Danny Wilson, which included A- + B-sides, live recordings, cover versions etc. Now what has this got to do with Abba you may rightfully ask? Well; included on the compilation was a wonderful live recording of Knowing Me, Knowing You (which I always refer to as the best cover version recorded of any song...ever) and every time we’ve listened to Arrival, I have promised myself that it’s time to dust off sweet old Sweet Danny Wilson and give the cover a listen. Yesterday I finally did and 20 years on it’s still absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately no live clip seems to exist of the live performance, but this YouTube photo montage does, so that will have to do. Hope you’ll enjoy it nonetheless!
Home » Danny Wilson » Knowing Me, Knowing You...
Popular Post
-
Victor Uribe Portfolio 2011 Updated
-
"Having many red indians is better than one chief". That's the statement most C*O lived-by today in Malaysia. That's also...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...
-
If you have been using Visual Studio 2013 for a while, you will notice that it behaves differently from previous versions of Visual Studio ...
-
After a week long of 'vacation', I guessed it is time to get back to life. Just received a notice from my academy. I have been accep...
-
When deploying applications to The Cloud (on Windows Azure), we have a choice in storing our data in Windows Azure Storage or SQL Azure. For...
-
T he READY Worldwide Launch at KLCC Convention Centre on Tuesday was quite an exciting event for me. Although it was pretty tiring, I'...
-
W anna add more 'kick' to your SQL Server 2005? Enter Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - November 2005 - a suite of packa...
-
This is the final part of the 7-series tutorial on Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 . In this walk-through, we will be looking a...
-
Resident.Evil:Apocalypse RE2 was a little disappointment. I feel that Part I is much better but that's probably I didn't play part...
No comments:
Post a Comment