The Azure AppFabric Team has just released the Workflow Foundation Activity Pack for Windows Azure CTP 1. You can read about it on their blog post.
Personally, I would not use (or write) any WF activities that directly interacts with any storage of any form. This is because Workflow components are suppose to be orchestrating Business Methods in Business Components (BC). The BCs will be responsible for the calling Data Access Components (DAC) for persisting/retrieving data. Therefore, in my practice, WF activities should NOT be interacting with data components and should NOT know about where to store/get data. This applies to ADO.NET WF activities as well. Never like to see CRUD functions in Workflows.
Nevertheless, the activity pack is a nice to have. For small straight-forward applications, it can be a time-saver but definitely a No-No for Enterprise Layered Applications.
Home » Windows Azure » WF Activity Pack for Windows Azure CTP 1
WF Activity Pack for Windows Azure CTP 1
17:33
Jurnalis Jalanan
Labels:
.NET,
Cloud Computing,
Windows Azure
Popular Post
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
No comments:
Post a Comment