My local slot shop Mini Grid recently received a shipment of Racer cars. Included in their shipment was Racer's Ferrari 512S. This release has allowed me to add another car from the legendary 1970 Sebring 12 hour race to my collection. It's Racer's Ickx / Schetty Ferrari 512S. Truly, a work of art in slot car form:
Judging from historical photos taken back in the day, Racer has nailed it aside from the lack of prancing horse emblem on their model's nose.
My guess is that this detail was omitted due to licensing issues. An easy enough fix with the appropriate decal...another mod added to my slot car to-do list, so I'll get around to is some day.Racer has done a nice job on the interior and Mr. Ickx' helmet:
Some nice detail on the rear of this model:
Here are shots that compare the Racer 512S (left) to its Fly counterpart (right):
Underneath lurks a Slot.it drivetrain - what we've come to expect in a Racer. This guarantees the car will run as good as it looks. My example exhibited a bit of tire rub, but with the adjustable nature of the Slot.it drivetrain this is easily fixable.
I now have three cars in my Sebring 1970 collection: Andretti's custom liveried Fly 512S, the Revson / McQueen Fly Porsche 908 Flunder, and the Ickx / Schetty Racer 512S:
All I need now is some track time. I'm looking forward to getting this beauty on the track to see how it stacks up against its race mates.
Home » Slot It » Racer (RCR 63B) 512S #20 Sebring 12hrs. 1979 - J. Ickx / P. Schetty
Popular Post
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
Nissan's good news for Sunderland Two bits of good news recently from Nissan and their award-winning car-making facility in Sunderland. ...
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
I just received a picture from Jonathan that he took secretly without my knowledge. Look at that - Tattoo and Beer! Isn't it cool? Th...
-
Finally received the photos from Mikey. I've included some good ones here for you to see: There you go. Lady MVPs side-by-side. GuRLPoW...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...
-
In the words of a slotbrother from the UK... that's one BIG magnet! Not really sure of the photographer of this shot but I figured it wa...












No comments:
Post a Comment