Active.Directory.Action

I was roped in to work on Active Directory these two days as the dudes in the MIS department had ran out of ideas. I was approached by my CIO for the job. Apparently, they hit a 'road-block' when they could not get AD to expose the Employee-ID of the users. Initially, me and the MIS dude thought we could get the Properties Page in AD Users and Computers to display the attribute. But then, after making a few phone calls to some of my friends in Microsoft, we know the effort was futile!

After spending a few hours googling, I manage to find a hack to do it. Well, it's not really a hack - you can also find it in MSDN. The MIS dude couldn't get it working earlier because he didn't know vbscript. Therefore, my expertise were needed *AHeM* Anyway, case closed today. The MIS dude was trained and I showed him a working example. If my CIO needs more functionality, I will propose to write an application in .NET to ease the pain. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post