Just need to get this off my chest. Please, please, please (multiply by hundreds if you like) stop sending me promo mails where I have to go to Pitchfork or some other ridiculously huge music site to download the track you want me to post/share/mention/feature/(or more likely) give a listen and then delete. I know this is a pretty shitty and lame excuse of a music blog, and no one really gives a rat’s ass anyway about anything I think of anything. And you’re probably right that the blog should have breathed its last breath ages ago. But stubbornly I continue to believe that it has a right to exist, because unlike the bigger mainstream copycat blogs, I do try to focus less on my statcounter and from time to time try to give little known (yet brilliant - mind you) artists some of the attention I think they are deserving but rarely are getting (use yesterday’s post as an exhibit if you like). So no – I don’t care about Pitchfork and seriously have no interest in learning that Coldplay has hit no. 1 in 517 (or is it 518 – sorry if I haven’t been paying attention) different countries. I’d much rather receive a mail introducing me to a band no one’s ever heard of and then find one of the best songs ever written as an attachment. Doesn’t happen very often (if ever) I know, but that dream is the fuel that keeps this blog going…fuck mainstream!
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
No comments:
Post a Comment