I'm a little demotivated lately with the type of work that I'm assigned to. I feel that my skills and talents are not fully utilized in my organization. Being .NET certified and having acquired the knowledge of project management and software architectural, I'm only asked to debug ASP code and "to make things work" so that "we can wash our hands".
Most of the assignments I get are leftovers from people who are leaving or have left the organization. The codes were so recklessly written that sometimes you can only fine 200 lines useful in 800 lines of code. Inadequate documentation, poor program flow and lousy ASP technology. *I want so see objects not scripts!* It feels like I just went into a time-tunnel and warped back 5 years ago to the stone age.
Nowadays, I get more satisfaction from my night-time work with Paladin than my day-time job. Although it looks academic but atleast I feel up-to-date and I get to interact with people who appreciates what I do. I get to brainstorm with Microsoft Regional Directors like Softwaremaker and Malek, and learn from them.
Somehow, I don't think my organization sees my value. *Sigh*
Home »Unlabelled » Sledgehammer.for.a.Nail
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
No comments:
Post a Comment