GoODiE GoODiE GuMDRoPs!

Today seemed to be a very good day for me!

Hello Web-Services, Bye-bye FTP!

Went into a meeting to discuss about EAI for my organization. There are so many applications in my organization and by listing them alone, you can get a headache. Most of the time, the developers will integrate their apps through text files and ftp. Of course, once a while there will be someone who is a half-past-six in web services who will suggest to dump XML data into an ASP file for them to HTTP GET.

Anyway, I'm glad that my suggestion was considered by the consultants and my CIO seemed to be happy with the idea of web services. The last time we tried, we were bashed left-and-right for mentioning web services and Kah Fui nearly wanted to throw a chair. Ah! well, It feels good to bring new technologies to a company.

Identity Crisis

Continuing in the meeting was some discussion on 'Single-SignOn'. It is a very old term to me since the dotCom days but somehow my organization have major problems implementing it. The root cause - No policies defined! Well, I suggested Identity Management Server to them since it is easier than getting everyone on the AD and gladly, they will consider it.

Generics Rocks!

My class with the Academy has started. I'm 7 days behind :( due to my HDD crash. Good thing I have the textbook with me and I managed to read up on the new features of C# 2.0. Didn't know C# took the Generics concept from Eiffel and Ada. Anyway, Generics Rocks!

Here are some links I found:
- Introducing Generics in the CLR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post