"For every beginning, there is an ending."
Finally, the J2EE training has to come to an end. I was a little sad to say good-bye to my wonderful classmates and my instructor. After a week of getting along and lunching together, it feels sad to say farewell. But the industry is small, I'm sure we will bump into each other again in future. Being the last day of the course, we were treated to ice-cream during tea-time. :d
Today, we learnt a little on servlets and JSPs - to know more we will have to sign up for a more comprehensive course. We have also briefly went through the Model 1 Architecture, Model 2 Architecture, MVC Design Pattern and Business Delegate Pattern. (all which are similar to some architectures implemented in Microsoft technologies)
I can't stress enough on the importance of architecture in software development. Most of the time, developers just focus on writing code immediately (What I called - Hack'N slash programming) instead of thinking about it for a while. If an application is not architected properly, there are bound to be extensibility, maintainability and scalability issues - just like one of the applications that I inherited now in my organization.
Now, if you want to be a good architect in .NET, checkout these sites:
- .NET Architecture Centre.
- Microsoft Patterns & Practices.
Now don't just go and download the Application Blocks and use them blindly. Take time to study them and evaluate whether they are suitable for your application. I have not been looking at most of them, only the Data Access Application Block. So have fun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment