Alien.Vs.Predator



I managed to catch a sneak-preview of AVP today! The movie was fantastic. But I was quite disappointed that there weren't many Alien vs Predator scenes. And I want more!!! *Hehe* Character development in the movie was quite sufficient, but I couldn't be bothered with the human characters anyway since they are doomed to die. In fact, it wasted a lot of time on the humans :P Who wants to see humans on an expedition in a movie like this? *Hehe*

The pace is quite easy to follow, although I wished they should have made it a 3 hour movie. Fans of Aliens and Predator should be familiar with most of the stuff i.e. The scorpion-like face-gripping creature, alien bursting out from stomachs, the 2-tier alien jaw *chomp* *chomp* and .... the Queen! Oh.. Not forgeting the Predator's double-headed spear/javelin/trident, the retractable flying shuriken, the auto-wrapping net, the 3 mega-tonne wrist-band bomb and the shoulder cannon.

Like stated in all previews, 3 young Predators were 'dropped-off' to Earth to battle the Aliens to show that they are worthy. You can see how inexperience these young Predators are in the movie which will make you go "Aiseh! Why lah?". But they are very experienced in killing humans. They were supposed to meet the Aliens in a buried pyramid where no man has ever gone before but guessed what, the humans are too smart and too curious - so they beat the Predators to it without knowing that the treasure that lies beneath could wipe out the entire human race.

Warning! Spoilers from this point onwards. Turn back! Turn back! Don't say I didn't warn you!

I think the stupidest thing that the humans did was to take away the Predators' cannons thinking that they were treasures, which in effect activated the duel before the Predators were ready. This gave the Aliens a headstart and the humans were all sitting ducks. This made the Predators weaker as they are only limited to close range and metal weapons (which are not acid-proof).

The Predators' cloaking seems to be useless against the Aliens and without that 3 triangular targetting thingie, the Predators have no firepower and hence, dropped like puppies. Among the 3 Predators, there was one who looks like he got more potential. Atleast he was aware of most of the Alien's sneak attacks but then, you will also be shouting @#$% for one stupid thing he did - which you will enjoy during the ending. ;)

The pre-ending is nothing to shout about, the last and biggest Alien always die the same way and Predators always go home the same way. The famous phrase, "You are one ugly mother ...." is still there. But the final ending will make you feel that there can be an Alien 5 or an AVP 2.

All in all, I think it is a great movie. If you are not a fan of the previous series, you may not appreciate this. :P I will definitely watch it again.

PS. Can't read the spoilers? They are cloaked. :P Just highlight the area with your mouse if you can't resist reading the spoilers. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post