My rich-client saga continues today with the green-light given to my Java colleagues to proceed with Thinlet, an OSS rich-client solution. The Business Manager said it makes more sense to use a freely available software solution than to pay for something proprietary. She was pretty impressed with Thinlet. So did I, considering it being Java and released on the right time.
While the J-guys are replacing their JSPs to rich-clients, I quickly scurried off to look for something equilvalent on .NET. I know the customers and other Business Managers won't be able to wait till 2006-07 for Longhorn to be available. Somehow, with my Business Manager saying, "If this is good, we will port everything to this", gives me the creeps.
I managed to find some not so promising solutions from googling: Xamlon and MyXaml. Among the two of them, I feel Xamlon makes more sense as it is more compliant to the XAML in Longhorn but I don't think it is going to be free. MyXaml on the other hand is an OSS project but it is some what deviated. This is so disappointing!
Home »Unlabelled » Rich.Client.Thin.Client
Popular Post
-
H ave been trying to download Office 2007 Beta 1 Refresh for the past few days but the line traffic condition was so bad. With just below 10...
-
Check out new Tiger Baby single Landscapes ...taken from the band's new album Open Windows Open Hills . Predictably, this is catc...
-
Is it Hunting Season again? Everyone I know seems to be looking (or have looked) for greener pastures nowadays. I was so surprised to find ...
-
M y Streamyx was down for approximately five days. The technician told me that it is a problem with my port over in their headquarters. Acco...
-
The Uri (Namibia) Uri. From the Namibian word for "jump", this extremely able 4x4 is perfect for the real off road path. Made in N...
-
T eam Foundation Server has finally shipped! This completes the Visual Studio Team System family. Incase you are unaware, Team Foundation S...
-
Been working on a new blog...in Danish. Not really sure why, but I probably just need some fresh air or something. Check it out if you like...
-
The Nyayo Pioneer (Kenya) nitiating the idea of a Kenyan car in 1986, former President Daniel arap Moi asked the University of Nairobi to pr...
No comments:
Post a Comment