It's finally happening! The new certifications have been announced - The New Generation of Microsoft Certifications. There is a new credential called Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) that offers 3 paths for the .NET 2.0 Framework - Web Applications, Windows Applications and Distributed Applications. Each path consist of the compulsory Application Development Foundation exam and an exam specialized in that area. Therefore, you need atleast 4 exams to secure all the MCTS for software development.
Above the MCTS is the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) and Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP). For MCPD, there are also 3 paths - Web Developer, Windows Developer and Enterprise Applications Developer. You will need an additonal 'Designing and Developing' exam for each of the paths. So you will need an additional 3 exams on top of the MCTS credentials mentioned earlier to secure all MCPD credentials.
The good news is, if you are a MCAD, you can take one upgrade exam for MCPD: Web Developer and one upgrade exam for MCPD: Windows Developer. If you are a MCSD, you can take two upgrade exams for MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer.
I think I better start preparing now...
Home »Unlabelled » Certifications.Next.Gen
Popular Post
-
"Having many red indians is better than one chief". That's the statement most C*O lived-by today in Malaysia. That's also...
-
Victor Uribe Portfolio 2011 Updated
-
When deploying applications to The Cloud (on Windows Azure), we have a choice in storing our data in Windows Azure Storage or SQL Azure. For...
-
If you have been using Visual Studio 2013 for a while, you will notice that it behaves differently from previous versions of Visual Studio ...
-
After a week long of 'vacation', I guessed it is time to get back to life. Just received a notice from my academy. I have been accep...
-
Resident.Evil:Apocalypse RE2 was a little disappointment. I feel that Part I is much better but that's probably I didn't play part...
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
This is the final part of the 7-series tutorial on Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 . In this walk-through, we will be looking a...
-
T he READY Worldwide Launch at KLCC Convention Centre on Tuesday was quite an exciting event for me. Although it was pretty tiring, I'...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...
No comments:
Post a Comment