My.Hubby.Is.Home


My hubby is finally home! *Muuuuuaks* After calling the service centre everyday and chasing the technicians (I can literally remember my 10 digit reference number now - maybe will go buy Toto later), I can finally check my hubby out from the hospital. I went to collect the unit yesterday where there were lots of people checking in and out their notebooks, printers and PDAs. Discovered that it is better to go to the service centre in the morning!

Waited for about 45 minutes for my turn and there it was, my hubby, my silverish-duo-tone-wide-screen notebook, lying there on the table, all set to go home. Booted it up for inspection and found that the Compaq logo is now replaced with a HP logo. Blazing through the Windows XP boot screen and cruising directly into the desktop with the startup sound scheme raking through the service counters - my hubby is back into action!

Going through msinfo32, I noticed that the motherboard no longer registers Presario X1000 but HP nx7000 instead. (nx7000 is the Pavillion equivalent of Presario X1000) So that explains the different BIOS splash screen. My hubby is now a hybrid *HeHe*. The graphics card still remains at ATI Radeon 9200 64MB (Blast! No Aero-glass for me).

Then comes the heart-breaking part - Payment! *OucH* Following PinkLady's advice - to secure the well-being of my hubby (and my pocket) in the coming year, I have requested for an extended warranty and they signed me up for HP Care Pack (funny name). When all the paper work is done, me and my hubby went home.... happily ever after ... office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post