Honey.I'm.Home

Back from Singapore (again). Landed on Thursday night. I was there for an Office 2007 System Accelerator Workshop but it turns out that the focus was mainly on SharePoint 2007. While all the Content Management and SharePoint folks were excited about it, I just sat there blur-blur trying to understand what they are discussing. As you know, anything that doesn't have curly braces and doesn't compile will find it hard to capture my interest.

I got to see more of Singapore this time round. My big-bro-senior brought me to visit both Sim Lim Tower and Sim Lim Square. They look like Singapore versions of Imbi Plaza and Lowyat to me (But frankly, I think Lowyat is better). I didn't get anything because the prices of goods were more or less the same after conversion and I also do not want to get into any warranty hassles should the equipment breaks-down.

They had the HP Pavillion dv5000 and dv8000 series notebooks on display (which is also available in Lowyat). Somehow, the notebooks doesn't look as sleek as the dv1000 series although they come from the same family, because they are so much bigger - 15" and 17" WXGA. I was hoping to go to Funan Centre later to see if I could get some new book releases from Apress but we didn't have the time.

We spent the remaining time sampling the food and I managed to get my fried carrot-cake again. I still think our food is better. Speaking of that, you should see their Kuih Dada (Greenish rolls with coconut shreds). They used jelly colouring instead of pandan leaves and the green looks so artificial. Not only it lost the pandan fragant, it smells like jelly.

The last piece of my fried carrot-cake.

It was a short trip this time. Hope to see more of Singapore in my next trip. Before I end, here's a picture I took in Changi airport...


Football fever or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post