My 360 finally died with what they called the "3ROD" today. What's 3ROD? 3 Red-lights Of Death. Yup! 3 *blinkie* red lights. The sign of fear for all 360 owners (shadow of demon appearing...) Well, I was kinda expecting it as some of my friends already told me that the screen freezin thing was the first sign.
Anyway, I have to send the baby back to Singapore for a swap. Hope I can get a healthier one back soon. *Crossing my fingers*
[Updates]
By right, if we buy a 360 from Singapore and then bring it home to Malaysia, the warranty will not cover us because it is out of the launch market. We will either have to drive down to Funan Digital Lifestyle Mall in Singapore to make the swap, or get a friend down south to do the swap for us (which is what I'm doing).
From what I was told, the swap process will only take 10 minutes (not considering queue time). You will however, need to file a report with the customer service to get a Service Ticket, prior to walking in.
Also take note that the replacement unit will not be a new one. It will be a refurbished unit which I was told would have gone through the same quality process as a new one.
In my opinion, if you experienced a 3ROD and it is out of the warranty period, and you just can't let go of the 360, get a 360 ELITE instead :)
Popular Post
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
No comments:
Post a Comment