And I don't mean bad books, scary things that lack plot, character and misuses 'everyday'. No, I mean, too scared to keep reading because what's going on in those pages makes your skin crawl, makes you forget to breathe, makes you turn on the television for company, makes your fingers so sweaty that they leave impressions on the page, makes you say your bedtime prayers for God's protection, makes you lock the doors and secure it with a five-gallon water bottle and then place the titanium Big Bertha at the foot of your bed and wish you owned a pit bull named Otto?
It by Stephen King. Damn that Pennywhistle and his nickel-colored eyes and even that stupid giant spider at the end.
Raven: the Story of Jim Jones and His People by Tim Braithwaite. How can someone have that much control over another? How can someone stomp, literally stomp, on the Bible like that and say that he's God? I actually had to stop reading, literally stop reading, until the next day at the scene where he implores the mothers to stop crying and just give their babies the drops of cyanide-tainted Flavor-Aid.
What are the scariest things you've read?
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
No comments:
Post a Comment