I really couldn't decide what type of hob to get when I was furnishing my kitchen. The standard would of course be gas hobs since it is common in all household (and most people say they cook better) but this incident has left me wondering whether I should go for gas hobs.
Next on the list was induction. My aunt used it before and my mom seemed to be fascinated with its performance. Induction seems to be the most energy efficient but the only problem is that it requires special cookware (made of steel). It also feels safer that non-steel materials won't get burn if they are on the hob surface.
Some neighbours were using gas hob as their primary and a separate mini induction hob for boiling water. I was thinking about that too.
While researching on hobs, I discovered that there is another option which is Vitroceramic. It has the clean and safety benefits of induction but I heard it heats up slower (my cousin said she feels it is slower than gas). My aunt who went over to Australia seems to give very good comments of her vitroceramic hob.
I was totally confused and constantly flip-flopping in my mind as to what to get. I guessed that's because I don't know how to cook *HaHaHa* (but I hope to learn). In the end, in the very last minute before the contractors want to cut a hole in my kitchen top, I have decided to go for vitroceramic.
The hob looks pretty sleek and futuristic and I think my kitchen feels very european style now. Don't think I can do tai-chao with it but atleast can cook clay-pot yee mee kua. :)
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
No comments:
Post a Comment