Hobs

I really couldn't decide what type of hob to get when I was furnishing my kitchen. The standard would of course be gas hobs since it is common in all household (and most people say they cook better) but this incident has left me wondering whether I should go for gas hobs.

Next on the list was induction. My aunt used it before and my mom seemed to be fascinated with its performance. Induction seems to be the most energy efficient but the only problem is that it requires special cookware (made of steel). It also feels safer that non-steel materials won't get burn if they are on the hob surface.

Some neighbours were using gas hob as their primary and a separate mini induction hob for boiling water. I was thinking about that too.

While researching on hobs, I discovered that there is another option which is Vitroceramic. It has the clean and safety benefits of induction but I heard it heats up slower (my cousin said she feels it is slower than gas). My aunt who went over to Australia seems to give very good comments of her vitroceramic hob.

I was totally confused and constantly flip-flopping in my mind as to what to get. I guessed that's because I don't know how to cook *HaHaHa* (but I hope to learn). In the end, in the very last minute before the contractors want to cut a hole in my kitchen top, I have decided to go for vitroceramic.

The hob looks pretty sleek and futuristic and I think my kitchen feels very european style now. Don't think I can do tai-chao with it but atleast can cook clay-pot yee mee kua. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post