So I went a little excited and told my new boss about how I hope to move the company's applications to Windows Azure and all of a sudden, she threw this question at me...
"Is Microsoft's Cloud PCI DSS compliant?"
I stared at her with a blank face, "PCI what?"
"Our apps deal with credit card information so wherever we host, it needs to be PCI DSS compliant", she explained. "If it is not compliant, I am afraid we can't move to the cloud", she added.
I was heart-broken :'( A quick search on Google (hehe... now I can say this) tells me a bit more about PCI DSS. So it stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Then, further searches landed me with this awesome paper - Securing Microsoft's Cloud Infrastructure. According to the whitepaper, Microsoft's Cloud undergoes annual audits for PCI DSS, SOX and HIPAA compliance. They also obtained ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification and SAS 70 Type 1 and II attestations.
What a relief?! Now, I can continue to cloud seed on my boss *HeHe*
Home » Windows Azure » Is it PCI DSS Compliant?
Popular Post
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
No comments:
Post a Comment