Home » Super Mod » 10 Amazing Jeepney Art Buses - May soon disappear - Jeepney Documentary
10 Amazing Jeepney Art Buses - May soon disappear - Jeepney Documentary
20:51
Unknown
Labels:
bus,
Painted,
Philippines,
Super Mod
Jeepneys are buses from the Philippines, originally made from US military jeeps left over from World War II, have now become the most popular means of public transportation. When American troops began to leave the Philippines at the end of WWII, hundreds of surplus jeeps were sold or given to local Filipinos. The Filipinos stripped down and altered the jeeps to accommodate more passengers, added metal roofs for shade, and decorated the vehicles with vibrant colors and bright chrome hood ornaments.
The jeepney emerged as a popular and creative way to re-establish inexpensive public transport that had been virtually destroyed during the wat. Nowadays they are packed with people, flamboyantly decorated and a symbol of Philippine culture but may be on the endangered list due to stricter air pollution regulations.
There is a new documentary out called Jeepney by Perinspire and its about the possibility of an entire industry disappearing because of all the pollution they generate.
JEEPNEY trailer from Perinspire on Vimeo.
Popular Post
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
Nissan's good news for Sunderland Two bits of good news recently from Nissan and their award-winning car-making facility in Sunderland. ...
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
I just received a picture from Jonathan that he took secretly without my knowledge. Look at that - Tattoo and Beer! Isn't it cool? Th...
-
Finally received the photos from Mikey. I've included some good ones here for you to see: There you go. Lady MVPs side-by-side. GuRLPoW...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...
-
In the words of a slotbrother from the UK... that's one BIG magnet! Not really sure of the photographer of this shot but I figured it wa...










No comments:
Post a Comment