To make a world realistic, writers have to learn about all kinds of crazy ish.
Are there birds that can fly backwards?
Play-Dough: why?
Which bugs are first to arrive at a dead body?
I write stories about city-living and the people who inhabit that world. Some of those people are gang members. Since I no longer personally know gang members, I turn to other resources for information. Which leads me to:
Tattoos!
Yes, there are meanings behind those tattoos and Gawker posted a story about the comprehensive document Canadian border officials keep on gang-related tats!
Eight-plus pages of goodness, from Crips to Russian gangs.
Click away, my friends, and read!
By the way, hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, Play-Dough was originally created to clean wallpaper, and blow flies come first.
Home » How I Write » Ink - A Handy-Dandy Guide
Popular Post
-
"Having many red indians is better than one chief". That's the statement most C*O lived-by today in Malaysia. That's also...
-
Victor Uribe Portfolio 2011 Updated
-
When deploying applications to The Cloud (on Windows Azure), we have a choice in storing our data in Windows Azure Storage or SQL Azure. For...
-
If you have been using Visual Studio 2013 for a while, you will notice that it behaves differently from previous versions of Visual Studio ...
-
After a week long of 'vacation', I guessed it is time to get back to life. Just received a notice from my academy. I have been accep...
-
Have been doing too many things for the past few weeks both at home and at work. Can't really focus well on each of them but trying very...
-
T he READY Worldwide Launch at KLCC Convention Centre on Tuesday was quite an exciting event for me. Although it was pretty tiring, I'...
-
F ollowing my post, Exploring Unchartered Regions , I've finally managed to pull through 'the feat' today. It was actually the 0...
-
This is the final part of the 7-series tutorial on Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 . In this walk-through, we will be looking a...
-
Resident.Evil:Apocalypse RE2 was a little disappointment. I feel that Part I is much better but that's probably I didn't play part...
No comments:
Post a Comment