Paladin 0.9.0 Sneak.Peak

I have started working on Paladin 0.9.0 again today and the changes I made broke a few things. The introduction of the new BusinessComponent class in the Business Layer has forced me to rethink and redesign many portions of the core. The AutoLoadChildren feature is kinda *busted* and that causes CascadeDelete to die as well.

However, not all the of the changes are bad. Because of the BusinessComponent class, a lot of complex code have been removed from the Business Entity class and execution is also a lot faster now.

I have managed to solve the AutoLoadChildren problem with delegates and static events. Not sure if there will be any problems. (Any comments?) It does behave like 0.8.9 AutoLoadChildren now. Will need to fix the CascadeDelete next.

The changes in the core also make the code generated by BEWizard to be inappropriate. I have not updated the code templates yet but I have changed the UI a little. Here are some screenshots:


Welcome screen


Profile screen

I'm so excited with the changes in 0.9.0. There is a new ServicedBusinessComponent that allows multiple unrelated Entities to be persisted into the database - a feature requested by many developers. I hope to complete the changes as soon as possible and get a test copy out.

Until then... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post