I kena jing-goo (got conned) today. After not returning to the office for quite sometime, the parking area where I used to park has now been cordoned-off for construction of a new skyscrapper. Not knowing where else to park, I consulted one of my colleagues.
Colleague: "You park in the KLCC convention centre lah."
Me: "Oh?!"
Colleague: "RM 7 per day only, but then you must leave after 7:00pm wor."
Me: "Hah?!"
Colleague: "Cos if you leave earlier, they will charge you the hourly rate leh."
Me: "Sure ah?!"
Colleague: "Suuuuuure! I tried that myself wot!"
So, I went looking for the KLCC Convention Centre parking entrance but ooops! overshot pulak. Made a turn and found another parking entrance to the convention centre. While entering, I saw a sign that says "Early Bird, RM6:00 before 9:00AM". I look at my clock - 9:05AM, "Aiyah! Zhao-Kai already!" (Chinese saying: "Chicken ran off").
Just go in only lah. Then I saw another sign "7:00PM to 2:00AM - RM7.00". Ok! This must be it lah but... something fishy about that sign. So, I found myself a nice space to park the car and then walked all the way to my office. Sei for lah, late liow.
I settled down and later in the afternoon, boss came over to my cubi.
Boss: "Why are you back?!"
Me: "Cos you CC me in your mail say got meeting mah"
Boss: "I CC you only. I didn't asked you to come back."
Me: "HAH?!"
Boss walks away then I look at my colleague.
Me: "Then how now?"
Colleague: "You go now lor, get charged hourly rate lor, still same got jam wan if you don't believe me."
Me: "Ok lor, I stay till 7:00PM lor."
Colleague: "Don't worry, got so many people stay back with you."
By 6:30 PM all my colleagues went home already. Left me alone gu-ling-ling. Then I continue to read my WCF a bit, then eat my roti and left the office at 7:15 PM. Walked all the way back to convention centre. As I approached the Autopay Station, all a sudden the loud speaker went off ...
Autopay: "PLEASE PAY YOUR PARKING TICKET! PLEASE PAY YOUR PARKING TICKET!"
Me: "Ok lar. So loud for wot?!"
Autopay: "PLEASE INSERT YOUR PARKING TICKET!"
Me: "Ok lar. Don't rush me lar"
Autopay: "Total is RM 22.00"
Me: "WTF!"
Autopay: "PLEASE PAY THE AMOUNT!"
Me: "Grrrr...."
Autopay: "PLEASE PAY THE AMOUNT!"
What to do? I pay lor. So, the whole day, I got conned into the office, got conned to stay back late and got conned to pay extra for my parking :'( but lucky, the traffic not so jam.
Popular Post
-
I found out something interesting. When dealing with Spatial data, SQL Server Management Studio will provide us with a tab that looks like t...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
While working on a new ASP.NET MVC layer sample with SignalR, I have constantly encountered the following error when I tried to access the ...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
The first series production version of the all-important and all-new 2013 Accord rolled off the assembly line at Honda's Marysville Aut...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
W as busy learning how to customize web pages on a SharePoint site and developing webparts for the past two weeks. As you know, I'm not...
No comments:
Post a Comment