The beta release of Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2008 and Team Foundation Server 2008 were released a few days ago and I was looking forward to the promise of supporting SQL Server 2008 February CTP in this service pack release. So, I gave it a shot.
As usual, everything installed well except for TFS 2008. I got the same problem I had before. This time round I didn't configure a WSS site myself. I realized that the problem isn't really with the 8080 port. It was due to me naming the TFS web site as "Team Foundation Server".
Note: Configuring the port 8080 will allow the installation to succed but will cause Team Project Creation to fail later on.
Therefore, if you are installing TFS, make sure you don't name your extended web site "Team Foundation Server" during the stsadm command line step. Call it something else like "Team Foundation Web Site".
Now, that's really a lesson learned!
Home » Visual Studio Team System » TFS.2008.Installation.Lesson.Learned
Popular Post
-
I am not really a big fan of Jackie Chan and usually don't keep-up with his movies because I find his kung-fu techniques too comical. ...
-
I've been promoting a lot on Paladin lately. A check on the download counter today shows 88 downloads for release 0.8.7. That's the...
-
Yikes! I'm really far behind in my academy classes on C# 2.0 :(. Tried to read the chapter on Generics today and boy, was I blur wit...
-
I was playing with a VM on my Windows Server 2012 and without me knowing it, the .vhdx file has grew to over 40 GB of hard disk space. I che...
-
Recently, I have been relooking into my Paladin framework as I hope to incorporate some SOA concepts into it. So far, I have built Paladin ...
-
No technical specification available (click images for a larger view)
-
My course leader had given the green light to go ahead with Oracle 10g for this semester. So, I made a trip to MPH Subang Parade (my favour...
-
S tumbled on the following while I was reading up on Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) One UDM to rule them all, One UDM to find them, One UDM...
-
Today seemed to be a very good day for me! Hello Web-Services, Bye-bye FTP! Went into a meeting to discuss about EAI for my organization....
-
Most developers when developing Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services, will take security for granted and deploy their web service...
No comments:
Post a Comment