TFS.2008.Installation.Lesson.Learned

The beta release of Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2008 and Team Foundation Server 2008 were released a few days ago and I was looking forward to the promise of supporting SQL Server 2008 February CTP in this service pack release. So, I gave it a shot.

As usual, everything installed well except for TFS 2008. I got the same problem I had before. This time round I didn't configure a WSS site myself. I realized that the problem isn't really with the 8080 port. It was due to me naming the TFS web site as "Team Foundation Server".

Note: Configuring the port 8080 will allow the installation to succed but will cause Team Project Creation to fail later on.

Therefore, if you are installing TFS, make sure you don't name your extended web site "Team Foundation Server" during the stsadm command line step. Call it something else like "Team Foundation Web Site".

Now, that's really a lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post